Just to say a huge Thank you all for your sentimental entries, we will do winners catch up this week (weds or thurs) so please check back then for all previous challenge winners.
Jack has set our new challenge so I shall hand over to her just now. We have a fab stamp by Crafts & Me designed by Lemon Shortbread up for grabs for this challenge called Flapper 2 Melody.
SPOTLIGHT ON MASKING-
Its my turn to set the challenge this fortnight and I'd like to see you using masking - This can be using a bought mask (or stencil), making your own, stamping your main image and masking over it before you do your background, using torn paper as a mask, but NOT a picture of a mask. I'd also like a short explanation of how you used your mask.
Oh I do enjoy a bit of masking! And masking on a One Layer Card has to be my absolute favourite thing at the mo! I decided to have my rhino escaping from his background and so have used masks for the rhino, to limit the background to a square, and to create the actual background. I shall put details on my blog of how I did this (with lots of pics of course!)
To create this, die cut a circle but use the negative as a mask to colour through , then stamp the face, I then stamped the face again on to a sticky note, cut out and placed over the image stamped on to the card and then over stamped with a background stamp.
gillto make this card i used a dreamweaver stencil with paste and a few die cuts the masking part of the design was made with distressed ink worn lipstick and a crafters workshop 6x6 plastic template used a dabber to ink it up added a piece of ribbon and thats that.
I stamped the LOV couple first and then masked them off and stamped the Cuddly Buddly church. The sun was made by punching a circle into scrap paper and inking through it. Then masking the two main images off I stamped the larger of the trees, the smaller one was far enough away not to need anything masking. The backgrounds were made with Broken China DI and a couple from a Kaleidoscope pad for the ground. The images were coloured with promarkers.
well this is my take on Jacks challenge for us this time I am not really very good at this part of stamping but love the effect the sky and gradd on image are all done using big and juicy ink pads and masking off areas to make clouds and land the image was also masked off so not to colour him with the same colours as sky and grass BPs are from MCS hope you like it
I have used two images from Lavinia stamps, masking the fairy one while stamping the fairy houses as a background. I also used a masking method I saw in Craft Stamper magazine to stamp a flowery border - using a rectangle of paper held down with blu-tack and stamping a variety of flowers in different colours to create a frame. I used a combination of distress inks and Promarkers to colour the image.
I too used Lavinia stamps. I first prepared the background with TH Distress inks, Peeled Paint, Tumbled Glass and Dusty Concord, using a shaving type brush. I first stamped the centre houses, stamped them again onto a post it note, which I then placed over the centre house. I was then able to stamp the same houses to the left and the right without spoiling the centre houses. The post- it note is then removed. I completed the card by stamping the branches and pixies, adding some glitter here and there and a little colouring. Masking is an interesting technique, which can be used in so many different ways.
For my card, I've made my background with my Copic markers and my airbrush system. It's the first time I've tried it and I'm quite happy with it for a first attempt! I'll put details on my blog but basically, it's just torn card, used as a mask and moved each time.
In addition, I have used a Magnolia image of rope, a tour Jeep and tickets. The wooden 'bridge' is real veneer and alpha from stash (Brenda Pinnick I think).
The masking on this card is the panel on the left, done using my favourite technique of embossing then using shimmer mists, then ironing with newspaper to re-melt all the powder and take it off again! The stamp is a Stitchy stamp coloured with promarkers and a few touches of polychromos pencil. The sentiment is a diecut using the same paper as the background and then highlighted with pencil. I've added the pink bow as a baby card always has to have a gender-specific bow somewhere lol